Now Available on DVD!!!
|Note: The pricing and format of the Webisodes will be changing in the near future. I’ve decided to make the webisodes available via an amazing online educational site for easier purchase and receiving of the webisodes, as well as an overall more pleasant experience.
Get these webisodes while they last at the current price of $25 each before they rise to $30 each!
Get Bluegrass Guitar Essentials in “Mini” form! Here you can order the entire course in separate Webisodes. This gives you the ability to decide which parts of the course are relevant to what you want to learn, allowing for ultimate user control!
Each module of Webisodes is easily valued at $50 a piece, but you’re getting for the ultra-low price of only $25 each! That’s half off! And not only that, I’m giving the first module away completely FREE!
Note: If you have any problems with your purchase/download, please contact me at email@example.com and I will help you as quickly as I can.
Here’s an overview of the entire course including a video entitled “Bluegrass Guitar Essentials In A Nutshell”:
Please see this page for tips to make sure your download experience is as fast and smooth as possible.
Downloads in mp4, mp3, & pdf | Status: Complete!!!
BGE Webisodes 1 & 2: Intro & Gear
50 min. | 2.4GB | Companion Introductory Ebook
(Email address required for verification)
Note: Entering your email for the Free Webisodes will NOT add you to my mailing list. To stay updated regarding new products related to BGE and other Bluegrass Guitar content, please consider signing up for my mailing list using the form below. Don’t worry, I will never sell your email address or send you spam, only great Bluegrass Guitar related content.
In Webisodes 1 & 2, you’ll be introduced to the influences that helped shape the way I play guitar, more specifically Bluegrass guitar. Famous Legendary guitarists such as Tony Rice, Bryan Sutton, and David Grier—to name a few—are some of the Masters of the genre that I’ve designed this entire course around so that you can really “Learn the Essentials of Playing Bluegrass Guitar like the Legends!”You’ll also learn which gear I personally use in my every day playing and gigging as well as what gear I recommend for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced players.An Introduction to the course, a section on How to Use the Ebooks for the course, as well as a special BONUS section containing links to all the gear I discuss—as well as gear I’ve learned about since originally recording the course material—are included in the companion ebooks.
BGE Webisodes 3 & 4: Tuning & Picking
1hr. 36min. | 2.2GB | Companion Ebook with tabs of all exercises
Now only $25!
In Webisodes 3 & 4 I’ll show you:
- My proven secrets for keeping your acoustic guitar in tune.
- Why your electronic tuner should only be used as a guideline.
- And how to correct the tuning of certain problem strings.
I’ll also begin covering the first—and possibly most important—aspect of successful flatpicking in Bluegrass guitar: Programming The Picking Hand!
BGE Webisodes 5 & 6: Open String Transitions & Major Scales
2hrs. 43min. | 3.4GB | 14pg. Ebook loaded with Tabs & Diagrams
Now only $25!
In Webisodes 5 & 6 I’ll show you:
- A fast way to navigate the fretboard quickly using Open String Transitions
- How to use the Major and Major Pentatonic Scales in the “Three Essential Keys.”
- “Short Scale” variations on the Major and Major Pentatonic scales for authentic Bluegrass Guitar sounds and faster playing.
I know that scales can be a difficult thing to master, but in these webisodes I cover and explain them extensively so you won’t be left behind when playing jam sessions with others.
BGE Webisodes 7 & 8: Practice Tips, Minor Scales, BONUS Scale Summaries
1hr. 38min. | 1.7GB | 11pg. Ebook loaded with Tabs, Diagrams, & Tips
Now only $25!
I encourage you to also consider purchasing Webisodes 5 & 6: Open String Transitions & Major Scales to go along with Webisodes 7 & 8 below. Webisodes 5 & 6 go into further detail concerning scales and, coupled along with Webisodes 7 & 8, will give you a more well-rounded understanding of how to play them and apply them to your playing.
In Webisodes 7 & 8 I’ll show you:
- Some of the best tips I’ve found to help you practice the scales you’ve learned so far as well as the scales covered in this part of the course.
- How to use the Minor and Minor Pentatonic Scales in the “Three Essential Keys.”
- “Short Scale” variations on the Minor and Minor Pentatonic scales for authentic Bluegrass Guitar sounds and faster playing.
- A special BONUS section on how to switch from Major to Minor scales as well as some great tips on the topic.
If you really want to be able to play Bluegrass Guitar, you’ll need to know how to play and apply the Minor scales for that “Bluesy” sound that Bluegrass guitar is famous for. In these webisodes I’ll show you how and give you tons of great ideas on practicing in general as well as practicing scales, setting practice goals, and how to change effortlessly from Major to Minor.
BGE Webisodes 9 & 10: Songs, Fiddle Tunes, & Rhythm
2hr. 6min. | 3.34GB | 13pg. Ebook loaded with Tabs of all Songs & Fiddle Tunes
Now only $25!
There are no neck diagrams in Webisodes 9 & 10 since there were no need for any. Also, due to editing conflicts, the Chords section referred to in these Webisodes will be placed in the next set of Webisodes.
In Webisodes 9 & 10 I’ll show you:
- Seven songs & fiddle tunes I’ve compiled which I believe utilize the essential scales, picking patterns, transitions, and other aspects of the course so far.
- How to create a foundation for basic fiddle tunes from popular songs with lyrics.
- Simple Rhythm patterns that are essential to any serious Bluegrass guitar player.
- Fully transcribed tablature of each and every note and phrase in each of the songs. I’ve gathered the best parts of each tune and double- and triple-checked all of the tabs myself, so you can be assured of their accuracy.
- A special YouTube video that I created after the course was recorded with even more tips on getting that essential Bluegrass hard-driving strumming sound.
- Audio examples of all the solos and backing tracks taken directly from the course in several playing speeds.
If you really want to be able to play Bluegrass Guitar, you’ll need to get your feet wet learning the songs and fiddle tunes that Bluegrass guitar is famous for. In these webisodes I’ll give you tons of great ideas on how to play several popular songs and fiddle tunes as well as extra tips on how to make the songs you want to play even better!
BGE Webisodes 11 & 12: Essential Chords & G Licks
1hr. 53min. | 2.15GB | 13pg. Ebook loaded with Tabs of all G Licks & Essential Chord Diagrams
Now only $25!
This is Part 1 of the 6th video in the series; I therefore named them video 6a & 6b.
In Webisodes 11 & 12 I’ll show you:
- Dozens of Essential Chords you’ll find in the Bluegrass style of playing. I’ve labeled these “Common,” “Uncommon,” & “Short” chords.
- Some aspects of why chords are named as they are with the help of some intermediate chord theory.
- Twenty licks you can use for the key of G (as well as other keys via the use of a capo).
- Fully transcribed tablature of each and every note and phrase in each of the G licks. I’ve gathered each lick and double- and triple-checked all of the tabs myself, so you can be assured of their accuracy.
- A section devoted to what I refer to as “Short Chords” which typical chord instructional materials never cover.
- A special link to my #1 recommended resource for increasing your chord vocabulary.
- Tons of notes, annotations, and tips to ensure you learn each chord quickly and thoroughly.
- Audio examples of every single G lick taken directly from the course in several playing speeds.
If you’re ready to advance your skills and knowledge of the fretboard for Bluegrass Guitar, you’ll find everything you need in Webisodes 11 & 12 as well as 13, 14, & 15 (coming soon) to get you well on your way to burning up tons of blistering flatpicking phrases!
BGE Webisodes 13, 14, & 15: Diagonals, C & D Licks, Conclusion, & Tips
1hr. 13 min. | 1.42GB | 17pg. Ebook loaded with Tabs of all G Licks & Essential Chord Diagrams
Now only $25!
This is Part 2 of the 6th video in the series; I therefore named them video 6a & 6b. For a more complete experience, please consider purchasing Video 6a: Webisodes 11&12: Essential Chords & G Licks.
In the Final Webisodes 13, 14, & 15 I’ll show you:
- A great, effective way to navigate the fretboard via the use of connecting scale shapes called Diagonals.
- Dozens of Essential Licks every flatpicker worth his salt should know in the keys of C & D (also for use in other keys via the use of a capo).
- Fully transcribed tablature of each and every note and phrase in each of the C & D licks as well as a few from the Diagonals section. I’ve gathered each lick and double- and triple-checked all of the tabs myself, so you can be assured of their accuracy.
- A “Conclusion & Acknowledgements” section detailing my journey of creating Bluegrass Guitar Essentials as well as many great Resources I’ve compiled that have helped keep me motivated, inspired, and determined to succeed in life, business, and guitar.
- A special Tips section at the end of the video dedicated to giving you some final tips for improving your playing.
- Audio examples of every single C & D lick taken directly from the course in several playing speeds.
If you’re ready to advance your skills and knowledge of the fretboard for Bluegrass Guitar and complete your training in the process, you’ll find everything you need in Webisodes 13, 14, & 15 to get you well on your way to burning up tons of blistering flatpicking phrases!